Sunday, December 15, 2013

Final Sunday At Victory Bible Baptist Church

Am sitting here in the room that was once my office. My personal possessions are all packed away in boxes. The walls are echoing emphatically that I am leaving. I am vacating the room that comforted me during some of the most difficult prayer times and personal Bible Studies as I poured my heart and mind into every sermon I prepared. The memories of praying for the church and for God's leadership and wisdom have engulfed my senses and I'm reduced to sorrowful tears. 

Today's sermon is being filed away- my last Sunday sermon as Pastor of VBBC. 1,248 give or take a few sermons have been preached, taught, studied and poured over. I thank Jesus for allowing me to be part of the ministry here in Porter Corners, NY.

My heart is exploding with joy just thinking of what God has allowed me to experience and accomplish for Him.

My heart is also breaking at the loss that I am experiencing as I say farewell to those who I have poured myself out for and with. 

This morning's sermon was "The Last Supper." Allow me to encourage you and also share with you a thought that God gave me yesterday as I was typing out my outline:

It was in regards to the Passover supper in Luke 22-

"Today is a day of Celebration – we again see the power of our God that can uproot the satisfied saint and implant in him the desire and drive to forsake all that he has known for years – all that he has embraced- all that he has labored for and with and in – and move him across the country or across the street or across the world – because of his leading. His POWER. HIS PERSUASION. Is God dead? Is God powerless? Is God DONE with a person or a place? God forbid!
God IS NOT done with Victory Bible Baptist Church - he is weeding one pastor out and bringing another in!
God is NOT DONE WITH TIM DELELLO! God is weeding him out and preparing him for another place of service!! - Romans 8:14 "For as many as are led by the Spirit of God THEY (HE) ARE THE SONS OF GOD."

what a great assurance of salvation and of SELECTION it is when you are led by the Spirit of God- even if it is to leave all you have known to do what you don't know yet."

No comments: