Tuesday, March 1, 2011

3 types of Believers

I believe there are three "types" of believers.



Many believers are those who are just that. Believers. They struggle daily with assurance of their salvation. They don't study the Word. They don't pray. They aren't separated from the world. They show up on Sunday. They might show up 3 times a week. They are Believers...but seriously lack discipleship and commitment to Christ.





The second camp are the disciples. I believe MANY of those faithful to church are in this category. I believe they have come to the place of commitment to Christ and have/doing their best to walk with God and live according to the Holy standards which are required as our "base" obligation to the Lord. I believe they are not perfect. They struggle everyday as do the "believer" camp. I do believe however, they have chosen to "take up his cross daily" and "follow me" I believe this is the most common form of Christianity that is displayed by MANY....including Pastors.





The last camp is a reserved group. I believe there are FEW that have walked the earth in these last days. these people are so in tune with Christ that the world hates them. I believe their testimony and lifestyle are such that it brings unholy anger upon the world and they in turn persecute/martyr them. Every time the word Christian is used, it carries with it a sense of "suffering."



I believe Paul was trying his best to convince Agrippa to become a "Christian" as Paul was.



If I can be so blunt as to say that Acts 1:8 is often misrepresented when it says "and ye shall be WITNESSES"....the word witness comes from the same greek word (according to Strongs) as MARTYR. Everyone wants to claim themselves a witness for Christ but yet few actually take up their cross of sacrifice much less their cross of death.





While I won't make it an official Doctrine....or something I would present as a separating issue of contention.....I do believe this is accurate according to my present understanding of scripture.

any comments?

No comments: