Thursday, March 3, 2011

Destruction of An Angry Listener

Scary things happen when I actually study the Bible. I mean, I do it regularly, but when I actually take serious time to study, look what happens? (tongue in cheek)


Look at Acts 7:54-60 and notice the downward spiraling that takes place when one does not reverse their thinking/actions upon hearing the Word of God


1. They were cut to the heart (7:54 -60)
2. Gnashed on him with their teeth
3. Cried out with a loud voice
4. Stopped their ears
5. Ran upon him with one accord

(Acts 19:29, Mark 7:57)

*Note the Spiritual decline

* conviction not dealt with with leads to disdain/disrespect for leadership and or the preacher/message
* disrespect for the message/messenger leads to open rebellion
* open rebellion leads to absolution of ability to listen to reason (point of no return – moral conscience is darkened)
* inability to listen to reason leads to demonic activity (Mark 7:57, Acts 19:29)


too many times that I can remember, my family would "grill the pastor" for lunch rather than talk about how the Sermon was relevant to our life.


Lord, help me to endure the still coming chastisement of the sins of my youth.

No comments: