Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Submission or Subjection?

Some have the understanding that if a pastor is not in subjection to every whim of the people that he is "unsubmissive." Someone gathered from my last blog that pastors are beyond approach and shouldn't ever be kept in check for their doctrine, conduct, or attitude. Only a reader with an agenda would ignore the the premise of the former and conclude that the pastor answers to NOBODY but God. For Faith, Conduct,and ethics...yes, he is answers to God but he is also held accountable to the people. I stand by what I said in the blog "Censoring, controlling and consuming the pastor". The pastor is not an errand boy to the whims and opinions of the people. He is a servant. A minister. However, he is NOT a "red-headed stepchild". Please take time to think about what was typed yesterday and examine your own heart. If you assume that because I posted what I did in that blog, that i esteem myself above correction. If you want to correct me. I accept Correction. But don't correct me with your personal vendetta and opinions. Bring fact or don't come at all. Same as with your pastor. They (we) at least deserve that little respect.

4 comments:

Ed Franklin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Warning and hope from a lighthouse said...

I am working on the "counter" blog of the past one.

Seeking His Grace said...

Stand your ground Bro. Tim, as I said yesterday, it may have been harsh, but what you said was absolutely true...and you are responsible for what God hath given you...I am praying for you?

Ezra 7:10

Warning and hope from a lighthouse said...

I am still working on the blog. It is not "flowing" as easy as the other was....but then again...it is probably just pride in the way.