Saturday, April 15, 2017

I Can Take You (poetry)


I Can Take You

 

 

I can take you to Bethlehem where Jesus came

I can take you to Galilee where miracles occurred

I can take you to see the man who was lame

I can take you where Jesus spoke His Words

 

I can take you to the Mount where thousands were fed

I can take you to a house in Bethany

I can take you to a cross where my Saviour once died

I can take you to the Hill of Calvary

 

But I can’t take you to the place

 Where his body now lays

For The tomb is Empty

He is living today

 

This world may mock and ridicule

And deny his Holy name

He’ll return with power and every eye will see

That very nail-scarred thorn crowned Lamb

The Son of God who was crucified for me

 

But I can’t take you to that heavenly home

Where I’ll live eternally

On Jesus Christ you must believe

And from sin you’ll be set free

No comments: