Saturday, November 8, 2008

Sure Signs Of A False Teacher

As I was reading II Peter recently and I saw some warnings from Peter about false teachers. I will post the list and maybe I will come back sometime and expound on them.

1. Extra-Biblical Revelation - II Peter 1:18-21

2. Deny the Lord Jesus Christ - I John 4:1, II Peter 2:1

3. Make Merchandise Of The Gospel - II Peter 2:3, Phillipians 3:19

4. Arrogance/ Obstinance/Rebellion of the Fundamental Truth II Peter 2, II Tim 4

5. Departure from the Fear of The Lord- II Peter 2, Ezekiel 8

6. Perversion of Laciviousness and Legalism - II Peter 2, Gal 5

7. Thier Popularity indicates End Time Apostasy - II Tim 4, II Peter 2

8 Use of Fear Tactics to control those who listen to them - II Peter 2, Hebrews (the WHOLE Context of the book)

9. Departure From Morality And Things Holy - II Peter 2

10. Unwilling To Serve Without Compensation - Phillipians 3:19, II Tim 4, II Peter 2

11. Refusal and Unable to be Corrected - II Peter 2, Romans 1, II Tim 3, I Tim 1:19-20, II Tim 4

12. Must Have the Praise of Man - II Peter 2, II Tim 4

No comments: