Wednesday, April 14, 2010

The Shameful Shepherd -Part 7 (A) Protecting, Promoting, and Partaking in Sins

This Shameful Shepherd Series has cost me – spared me rather, the friendship of many of those who have had an influence on my life. I did not write this in bitterness or jealousy as some might have assumed. I did so to simply warn others of what God has shown me, and any other student of the Word. I do not claim that I am better than anyone. It baffles me that those who have stated such to me through personal contact that I think I am above others. Maybe my ability to communicate my thoughts clearly is an issue. Or, maybe there is a bit of a “Stockholm syndrome” in their hearts and they don’t see it. Maybe they would rather stay in allegiance to these shameful shepherds and their pernicious ways rather than deal with the situation in a biblical fashion. I seem to remember the children of Israel as they exited Egypt. They CONTINUALLY whined, murmured, and complained that they wished they were back in bondage. Maybe there is a bit of Stockholm Syndrome, but then again, I believe it is an indication of a lack of faith and or motivation.
I slightly understand why the “average Joe” would have a problem leaving this type of church or this type of pastoral leadership, but for other Pastors to patronize and yield support to such Shameful Shepherds is beyond comprehension and or excuse. I have seen and know of MANY pastors who will openly stand against the Joel Osteen’s and Rick Warren’s of the world but not against the Jack Schaap’s, Bob Gray (FL) and other such because of the size of their ministries. “But, they use the KJV, and they had x amount of people saved and baptized last year, and they have x number of people in their church, and YOU ARE JUST JEALOUS!”
When we start justifying the gross and unscriptural practices of Shameful Shepherds, we blemish the cause of Christ. Pastors who “protect” other pastors instead of holding them accountable for their unethical and UNLAWFUL deeds, we are partakers of their sins.
Recently, I have been “harping” on the unethical practices of men in leadership in our churches. However, what about the flat our illegal practices of these men? What about those who have criminal charges against them still preach and lead a church without any restraint? A inter-church investigation into the allegations of the Pastor, Youth Pastor, staff, deacon, Sunday school teacher, or even the “common Joe” in the church regarding a criminal manner should NOT hinder or prevent the investigation that MUST be conducted by the civil authorities.

1 comment:

Fred Walter said...

Hi, Tim; your friendly grammar/typo person here... notifying you of a typo. Toward the end, you write "However, what about the flat our illegal" - should be OUT, not OUR.